Outdoor Table Cover
How To Care For Your Wooden Outdoor Setting
When you buy an outdoor timber table, we’re guessing it’s an item of furniture you’ll want to use for a long time to come. However, many people just stick their wooden outdoor setting on the deck and leave it exposed to rain and sunshine without regularly maintaining it. If you want your outdoor furniture to not only last but look good for a long time, you’ll need to keep up regular maintenance. The team at Appleby & Co have been in the furniture industry for years, so we know all about the correct ways to keep your furniture looking incredible for longer. From an outdoor table cover through to regular varnishing, we have all the tips and tricks you’ll need to care for your outdoor furniture properly.
Appleby & Co’s Tips For Looking After Outdoor Furniture
If you want to keep your outdoor furniture looking incredible all year round, simply follow these tips.
- Use an outdoor table cover. If you don’t have a safe, dry space to store your furniture when it’s not in use, we strongly recommend investing in an outdoor table cover. It’ll make sure your furniture doesn’t sustain any damage from rain, sunlight, or debris.
- Oil or stain your furniture if necessary. Some woods are treated with an oil that makes them water-resistant. However, if your outdoor timber table isn’t treated already, sand it back lightly and use oil or stain recommended by your local hardware store.
- Remove any fabric components when not in use. If your wooden outdoor setting has cushions or fabric seats, you’ll need to remove them when you’re not using the furniture. Either store them indoors or in an outdoor storage bench.
- Wipe your furniture regularly. With a cloth and warm water, wipe down your outdoor furniture to remove dust and prevent stains.
- Check for pests. Make sure to check over your furniture often for pests that may create homes there. Termites are a danger for a wooden outdoor setting, and moths are often attracted to fabric seat cushions. Spiders, geckos, and cockroaches may also find their way into your furniture if you neglect to take proper care. An outdoor table cover will deter many pests looking to make your furniture home.
Products You’ll Need To Maintain Your Outdoor Set
To keep your furniture looking incredible, you may need to invest in a few maintenance products. Don’t worry though; you can pick these up at any local hardware store.
- Outdoor furniture oil. If you have an outdoor timber table or chairs, you may need to regularly sand them back lightly and apply a little bit of oil. This will keep your furniture water resistant and looking incredible.
- Pressure cleaner. If you’re cleaning off years worth of grime and dust, a pressure cleaner may make the job a whole lot easier.
- Glass cleaner. Some outdoor tables have a glass tabletop, which is prone to water stains and fingerprints. Make sure you get some glass cleaner to keep it looking fabulous.
- Stainless steel cleaner. To keep any stainless steel components of your outdoor furniture looking incredible and shiny, make sure to buy a specialty cleaner.
Reviving Old-Looking Furniture: Give Your Outdoor Set A Little TLC
If your wooden outdoor setting is looking a little worse for wear, there are a few things you can do to revive it and make it look brand new.
- Clean, clean, and clean some more. You’re never going to know the condition of your furniture unless you give it a thorough cleaning first. You might need to use a scourer and some high-quality cleaning products to get a good understanding of how to restore your furniture.
- Replace any seat cushions. Often, the first things to look dated on outdoor furniture are the fabric seat cushions. They tear, discolour, and look old, making the whole seat look ancient. Tear them off and replace them with new seat cushions in fresh, bold colours.
- Apply varnish. If you’d like to restore your wooden outdoor setting’s natural beauty, the easiest way to do so is to apply wood varnish.
- Paint it in your favourite colour. If the wood is beyond saving with oils and varnish, there’s always the option of painting it a new, fresh colour. There are plenty of tutorials and pieces of inspiration on Pinterest, so start brainstorming what you want your DIY restoration to look like.
When You Need A Wooden Outdoor Setting, Head To Appleby & Co
Since 2010, Appleby & Co have been bringing Australian shoppers home, garden, and lifestyle products from some of the best brands and manufacturers worldwide. We’re 100% Aussie-owned and operated, and we are entirely committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products for the lowest prices without compromising on quality or service. At Appleby & Co, it’s our passion to help people from all over Australia create the homes and gardens of their dreams without having to break the bank. If you’re looking for an outdoor pool table, a wooden outdoor setting, or an outdoor table cover, head to our website today.